The Apostolic Carmel was with the purpose of providing Catholic Education to women (from the earliest stages) in India as one of its main aims according to the mind of our Foundress, Mother Veronica. Over 137 years it has expanded with many educational establishments all over India, Srilanka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Pakistan, Philiphines and East Africa.
While fulfilling our obligation as Catholic Minority Institutions for Catholic Education to this minority, our Institutions are also open to all, irrespective of caste and creed. In keeping with the aims and philosophy of a Catholic Institution we have a special calling to the disadvantaged through education.
ELEVENTH JUNE , 1958 saw the first three sisters of the Apostolic Carmel – Sr. Corona, Superior, with Sr. Gonzaga and Sr. Sebastiana arrive in Bangalore to stay. The House they occupied was a rented one at Wilson Gardens VI Cross. Archbishop Pothukumary of Bangalore had earlier invited us to start a college in Bangalore, but we had declined the offer as we felt we did not have the personnel. However, we felt the need to have a house of our own in Bangalore as our sisters from Mangalore often needed to come to Bangalore for office work with the Education Department.